Canada Shipping Made Simple
Estes delivers seamless, cross-border freight shipping to and from even the most remote areas of Canada. We’ve been doing it for decades, and our international shipping experience shows
Choose Estes to ship your Canadian freight, and you’ll need just one PRO and one point of contact from pickup to delivery. Your international freight will ship securely – typically in trailers with captive beams and Webb walls. And as a result, you’ll enjoy single-carrier accountability, reduced risk of damage, and faster transit times.
Our 37 freight terminals are strategically located from British Columbia to Atlantic Canada. Our cross-border gateways are placed near major Canadian metro areas, and support next-day shipping from 13 states. Our optimized routes reduce re-handling and further streamline shipping. And we offer a full range of solutions, including LTL, Time Critical, and Volume and Truckload.
Whether your freight is headed north or south, you can count on our knowledgeable, bilingual shipping professionals to facilitate your border crossing. And you’ll find all of your international shipping documents conveniently located in our My Estes application.
Estes Canada gateway terminals are Canadian bonded, and we are a U.S. Customs-bonded carrier. Our line-haul and delivery agents are C-TPAT, PIP, FAST, ACE and ACI certified, and pre-approved for Customs Self-Assessment (CSA).
To get Canada shipments moving, you can:
- Book a shipment on My Estes
- Call your local terminal
- Call 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) and press 43
- Email us at email@example.com
We’re available on both sides of the border to help get you started, and we have experienced, dedicated border personnel to facilitate border clearance.
- A border-crossing fee is added at the time of the rate request.
- Beyond Charges apply to some more remote destinations, primarily in Northwest Canada. For points that require special arrangements, call 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) and press 43
See Transit Times and Next-Day lanes to Canada.
Cross-border Canada freight requires:
|Bill of Lading||Bill of Lading|
|Canada Customs Invoice, or CCI (required for CAD $2,500 or more)||Commercial Invoice (if less than CAD $2,500)|
|Commercial Invoice (if less than CAD $2,500)||Certificate of Origin (CTO) or USMCA CTO|
|Certificate of Origin (CTO) or USMCA CTO|
To get the necessary forms for shipping, visit our Forms Library.
Email is the fastest way to get your Canada shipping documentation to us. Send it to us no later than the day of pickup, and no later than 2 p.m. for next-day freight delivery.
- Limit one PRO per email
- Subject line: PRO number only, no spaces, dashes, or words
- One attachment only: All documents must be in a single attachment (PDF or TIF)
- On the BOL, include PRO and barcodes: The online BOL application in My Estes will automatically generate a barcode when you check the “Assign PRO Number” box or enter a pre-assigned PRO. You can also ask your account manager for PRO/barcode stickers. Barcodes help ensure freight is processed immediately.
Canada Cross-Border Shipping - Guaranteed
Time Critical Guaranteed delivery is available to most major Canadian metro areas, and features guaranteed appointments, pickup, damage-free shipping, on-time delivery, and invoice accuracy.
Each of the following Canadian terminals offers Time Critical solutions:
- Alberta - Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie
- British Columbia - Fort Saint John, Kamloops, Prince George, Vancouver, Victoria
- Manitoba - Winnipeg
- New Brunswick - Bathurst, Edmundston, Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John
- Newfoundland & Labrador - Corner Brook, Grand Falls, St. John's
- Northwest Territories - Yellowknife
- Nova Scotia - Bridgewater, Dartmouth (Halifax), Kentville, Sydney, Truro, Yarmouth
- Ontario - Brockville (Ottawa), London, Pickering, Toronto (Hamilton), Windsor
- Prince Edward Island - Charlottetown
- Quebec - Montreal, Quebec City
- Saskatchewan - Regina, Saskatoon
- Yukon - Whitehorse
Get Time Critical quotes for shipments through:
Rates for full, flat-rack, and flatbed loads can be obtained through:
- The Volume/Truckload Rate Request in My Estes
- Calling your local terminal
- Calling 1-866-ESTES4U (378-3748) - press 432
Protection From Freezing (PFF)
Protect your freight shipment from the Canadian cold. If temperature matters, Protection From Freezing is an accessorial service that can be selected when filling out the online BOL in My Estes. Estes has dedicated 53' and/or 28' heated captive beam Webb wall trailers moving between Canada and the United States. PFF is available November 1 through March 31.
See our Solutions page for additional offerings, and a list of common Accessorial Services for certain add-ons.